What is a D-U-N-S Number?
Dun & Bradstreet’s D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit identification sequence which provides unique identifiers of single business entities, while linking corporate family structures together.
The D-U-N-S Numbering system is a widely recognised standard for identifying businesses among thousands of companies, marketplaces and regulatory entities. Companies worldwide use the D-U-N-S Number to link information about suppliers, customers and trading partners, providing a more complete picture of the risk and opportunity in their business relationships.
D-U-N-S Numbers can help you:
- consolidate, cleanse and eliminate duplicate records within your databases
- streamline the information held in disparate databases and improve customer service by linking related customer accounts to support a “one customer” view
- identify risk exposure and highlight cross-selling opportunities within the same corporate family group
- integrate your internal systems by linking payables/receivables and tracking business documentation at a business entity and location level
- link interrelated suppliers to enable you to leverage your corporate buying power
- integrate additional demographic information from Dun & Bradstreet to provide a profile of your customers, suppliers and prospects.
How can I get a D-U-N-S Number?
If you are registered with the ASIC you will automatically be given a D-U-N-S Number. Dun & Bradstreet receives notifications from ASIC for all company incorporations and generates a D-U-N-S Number accordingly. You can search for your business D-U-N-S here: www.dnb.com.au/express.