The Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA) impacts the way that businesses protect themselves against customer insolvency.
Planning the best approach requires a detailed understanding of the Act and its practical application.
If you do not register your security interest and a debtor goes into bankruptcy or is placed into liquidation, your position will be like that of an unsecured creditor. Secured creditors will be ahead of you when payments are made or assets distributed.
Dun & Bradstreet has a link to the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) so your business can transact with the register without using the government website. In addition, our system can support all other register requirements, including:
- PPSR search
- VIN and organisation verification
A key feature of our system is that all transactions can be performed individually or in bulk, greatly enhancing efficient registry maintenance.
While the registration of customers on the PPSR is undeniably important, it is only one part of the picture. It is of equal importance to:
- make the commercial decision on the extent to which your business should participate in the new regime
- attend to all other compliance issues so that you are able to enforce your rights
- implement an effective method for ongoing registrations of new customers and registry maintenance.
Dun & Bradstreet’s integrated PPSR offering on our core commercial platforms provides a ‘one-stop-shop’ for property securitisation, providing your business with
- automatic access to the integrated PPSR offering using your existing D&B logins
- a single platform to conduct all commercial risk management activities, enabling customers to easily manage their entire credit life cycle requirements.